It is a very effective exercise for your triceps because you’re lifting your body weight, your tricep has to work against a heavy load that makes muscle strength and builds a pump. And it is avoided for weak shoulders person. The gym-goers who have much experience can lift the body with some external weight by using belts. The main focus of tricep dips is Tricep brachii (that is behind your bicep).
How to do Triceps Dips?
- Lift-up yourself on the parallel bar with your torso perpendicular to the floor.
- Maintaining this posture throughout the exercise, bend your keens and cross your ankles.
- Slowly lower your body until your shoulder joints are below your elbows.
- Push back to the starting position, but notice that now your elbows are not locked(nearly Straight).
- Sets: 3
- Reps: 10-8.
- Rest: 50 seconds.
Triceps Dips Tips!
- Don’t dip too low.
- Don’t lean forward.
- Don’t lock your elbow and don’t keep your body upright while performing the dip.
- Put weight on your upper thighs to put some more pressure on your tricep.