Side Plank is the best and famous move to burn your obliques muscles and with rotation, it is an advanced level of exercise that targets your core.
It is the best exercise for your core, obliques, back, and abs muscles. The side plank rotation builds your posture, flexibility, and strength in your body. It reduces sides waist fat very fast.
How to do Side Plank with Rotation?
- Lie on the right side with your right forearm below the shoulder.
- Extend the legs, left foot on top of the right and engaged your core. Lift your hips to form a straight line from shoulder to feet.
- Raise the left arm up through the ceiling and rotate your torso toward the floor and bring your left arm under your body.
- Rotate your torso back and straighten your left arm to starting position. Repeat the same to the alternative side.
- You can do 14 reps on each side of the body of 3 sets.
Benefits of Side Plank with Rotation
The side plank rotation activates all your transverse abdominal muscles more by doing a rotation in the side plank. This exercise can improve your strength, stability, endurance, and balance. It also reduces fat from the sides of your waist in a greater way.
Variation of Plank Hip Dips
Start in standard plank position, elbows are under your shoulders. Now slowly lift your right arm forward straight and extend along with the ear in front of you. Pause then come back and repeat same with left arm.
Start in a high plank position by planting your hands on your shoulder-width. Keep your body straight from head to heels, by planting the legs on toes together. Now jump and spread your legs immediately wider than shoulder-width. In the same momentum, bring it back and repeat until 14 reps are completed.
In a standard plank position, lower both knees to the floor. Keep your back straight and core tight. Practice holding the position until failure.
Plank with shoulder touch
Start in a standard plank position and reach your left hand to touch your right shoulder. Put it back down and repeat it with right-hand tapping left shoulders.
Get into a forearm plank position, where your elbows are bend under your shoulder and legs are straight on your toes. Engage your core, drop your right hip as close to the floor by rotating your lower portion. Return to the center and repeat on the other side
More Core Workout
“Select 3 or 4 ab exercises and do 3 sets of 20-12 reps of every exercise on ab day or cardio …