Muscles Target: Abs, Obliques, Core
Level: Beginner to Advanced Level.
By the name of the side crunch, you can easily understand the position of the exercises have, in all variations you need to crunch on the side of the body by engaging your obliques and core muscles. Side Crunch is a great and effective way to build your obliques and abdominal muscles. The exercise also gives you lots of benefits like improving your posture, spine flexibility, core strength, and reduce belly fat.
Side Crunch is the best exercise for your internal and external obliques and also transverse abdominal muscles. It also builds your core muscles that help to improve your posture and protect your back.
There is no equipment use exercise, you can easily do at home for challenging core and reduce belly fat very fast.
Variation of Side Crunch
Back Lying Side Crunch
- Lie on your back flat on the mat and plant your feet at hip-width by bending the knees.
- Place both hands behind your head and crunch up by off the shoulders from the ground.
- Pause and return to the original position.
- Complete the 12 reps from one side by engaging abs, then switch the position and repeat.
Side-Lying Side Crunch
- Lie down on a mat on one side of your body with bent and stacked knees one above the other.
- Place your upper arm’s hand behind your head and crunch up through the side of the body by engaging your obliques.
- Pause and come back to starting position.
- Complete the reps as the maximum you can do, then switch another body side and repeat.
Side Crunch on Exercise Ball
- Rest your back on the ball by raising your head and shoulder from the ball.
- Plant both hands behind your head.
- Turn your body on one side by twisting your legs and stacked on each other.
- Plant the lower leg’s foot back, past your body by bending your lower leg knee.
- Extend your upper leg, and place your foot flat on the floor. Also, place both hands behind your head.
- Exhale and contract your abdominal muscles to lift your upper body off of the ball.
- Pause a beat then inhale and slowly relax the body in an original position and repeat.
- Do 12 reps on each side with 3 sets.
Plank Side Crunch
- Lie on one side of your body by planting your elbow under your shoulder level with your extended legs straight and stacked one upon another.
- Place your upper arm’s hand behind your head.
- Engage your core and reach your upper elbow towards your upper leg knee by bending the leg and comes toward the elbow at the same time.
- Pause and come back to the same position and repeat.
- After complete your reps, switch the position and do crunch the same as you did from the first side.
Standing Side Crunch
- Stand straight up with your feet about hip-width by planting your hands-on, side of the head.
- Engage your core muscle, then try to touch the elbow and knee from the side of the body.
- Bend your knee and lift that leg up by reaching the elbow. At the same raise and tuck, your upper body also to the side to meet knees.
- Do both moves at the same momentum.
- Come back starting position and repeat to the other side.
- Do until 14 reps on each are not completed.
5 Best Citrus Bergamot Supplements in 2023.
Citrus bergamot supplement is a dietary supplement that contains an extract from the bergamot citrus…
Best 5 Fucoxanthin Supplements for Weight Loss in 2023.
Fucoxanthin is a natural pigment found in brown seaweed and some species of phytoplankton and is a m…
Top 5 Best Pre-Workout Supplements for Fat Loss.
A pre-workout supplement can be a powerful ally on your fitness journey. By providing extra energy a…
5 Best PQQ Supplements – Ranked in 2023.
PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone) is a vitamin-like compound that is found in small amounts in certain …
Top 5 Post Workout Supplements for Recovery – Best of 2023 Ranked
After an intense training session, your body will need protein, amino acids, carbohydrates, and othe…