|Muscles Worked:||Anterior deltoid, Lateral deltoid, and posterior deltoid muscles.|
|Goal:||Build 3d shoulder.|
Shoulder muscles are responsible for maintaining the widest range of motion of any joint in your body. The flexibility is also what makes the shoulder prone to instability and injury.
Having a shoulder workout a day is very important for completing your weekly session. It helps to look your bicep and back bigger. There are three types of shoulder muscles that we are target in this workout:- Anterior deltoid, Lateral deltoid, and posterior deltoid muscles
1. Barbell Overhead Shoulder Press.
A barbell overhead shoulder press not only works for the shoulders but also affects most parts of your body. It is a great and effective shoulders exercise with a barbell.
How to do Barbell Overhead Shoulder Press?
- Stand tall with a barbell across the front of your shoulders (You can also do this exercise by sitting on bench).
- Grabs the barbell by your hand wider than shoulder-width.
- Put your legs straight and some gap on it, and tighten your core.
- Next, push the bar upward and squeezes your shoulder blades together at the peak.
- Come back to the starting position steadily and carefully. Repeat it.
- Sets: 3-4.
- Reps: 16-8 or failure when heavy-weight.
2. Seated Dumbbells Shoulder Press.
It is the best shoulder workout with dumbbells because this exercise is performed by sitting on the bench which helps to isolate the shoulder motion. This shoulder exercise with dumbbells targets the Anterior, lateral, and posterior deltoid muscles. So, put a load on your delts perhaps on your feet.
How to do Seated Dumbbells Shoulder Press?
- For this workout sit on a low-back bench and hold a dumbbell on each hand.
- Hold the dumbbells at your shoulder level, and palms facing forward. Keep your head and spine perfectly straight.
- Lift both dumbbells towards your overhead, slightly touch both dumbbells at the top.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and carefully reverse it.
- Repeat it again with the same procedure.
- Sets: 4.
- Reps: 10-12.
3. Dumbbells Lateral Raise.
This is a perfect shoulder exercise that targets your middle deltoids, though it best way to add depth to your outer shoulders and really pop out of your T-shirts. You can either perform it standing or seated position. This bodybuilding staple is a perfect second or third exercise in your shoulder workout. It has to be done in a right though; doing it wrong, opens the door for shoulders injuries.
How to do Dumbbells Lateral Raise?
- Stand with dumbbells on each hand, and open your feet along the shoulder-width aspect, your abs should be tight, your chest up, and your head should be straight.
- Hold the dumbbells on each side of your hand, retaining a neutral grip.
- By using your shoulder and arms, raise the dumbbells a notch above your shoulder level.
- Hold above the arms for a few seconds and feel the intensity occur on your shoulders.
- Lower the shoulder back to the starting position and repeat it.
- Sets: 3-4.
- Reps: 16-8.
4. Reverse Cable Crossover.
The Reverse Cable Fly, also known as the cable rear delt fly, is an exercise that increases deltoid muscles and strengthens them. It is the best shoulder workout at the gym by cable machine. This exercise engages a variety of upper body muscles while honing in on your rear (posterior) deltoids.
How to do Reverse Cable Fly?
- Stand mid of the cable machine for reverse cable crossover.
- Grab the handles (use a thumbs-up grip) attached to two high pulleys (left side handle in the right hand and right side to left one), stand-upright, and centrally with pulleys in front of you.
- Pull your hand backward and slightly down in an arc, arm nearly parallel to the floor until your hands are in line with your shoulders (form a T shape).
- Return the handle back to the starting position where your right hand is directly in front of the left shoulder and your left hand in front of the right shoulder.
- Repeat it.
- Sets: 3.
- Reps: 10-12.
5. Front Raise.
Front dumbbell raises primarily target the front of the shoulders, known as the anterior deltoid. This muscle is used in shoulder flexion. To do this shoulder workout you can use either barbell or plate. No matter what you decide to use, prepare for a seriously intense workout on your shoulders that brings no shortage of healthy pain. For that reason, don’t max out the weight, as it will quickly turn healthy pain into unhealthy injury.
How to do Front Raise?
- Keep your hands at hip height as you hold the weight side of the body.
- Your feet should be even with your shoulders-width and your core should be tight.
- Lift the weight towards your face with straight arms and back.
- Hold it for a second on your shoulder level. Breathe steadily and lower the weight carefully.
- Repeat it.
- Sets: 3.
- Reps: 12-8.
6. Dumbbell Shrugs.
The ended with Dumbbell shrugs is the best exercise to target the trapezius and rhomboids muscles that are located in the upper back of our body. This shoulder exercise plays an important role in supporting your posture and upper body training. The dumbbell shrug is one of the best shoulder exercises to build bigger, stronger trapezius muscle.
How to do Dumbbell shrugs?
- Stand with dumbbells on each of your hands in a straight posture along shoulders-width.
- Relax your arms towards a gravity that stretches your shoulder and make extra pressure on it.
- Lift both dumbbells and shoulder upward, and hold it for a few seconds.
- Come back to the starting position and repeat it again.
- Sets: 5.
- Reps: 10.
The Bottom line
This shoulder workout adjusting reps or sets are perfect for advanced or intermediate levels of gym-goers. Nor recommended for beginners. The reps play a very tough role when weight or sets increase simultaneously. So, as a bodybuilder guide, for the last two sets (when sets are more than 3) you can need to do only a few reps like between 5-1 reps, if only when the weight is too heavy.
Beginners are not able to take a serious step for shoulder exercise and avoid it. They do less exercise a week because not having full knowledge or shoulder day is tougher than other workout days.
If you want to become a perfect muscular posture, then all the exercise is important for you especially shoulders. Don’t avoid it for pain or not abling to lift the load. You can take help from your partners and trainers to lift it with a slight push.