Reverse Crunch is an Intermediate level of exercise that targets your rectus abdominis (your all six-abs). It reduces fat fast and builds muscles on the abdominal wall.
It is very simple and effective do without any equipment, for more effective you can do more reps and sets to burn muscles fast.
Muscles also worked:-
- Lower back.
Benefits of Reverse Crunch.
- The main purpose of reverse crunch to strengthen your rectus abdominis (six-pack).
- It also activates your major part of your external obliques, the side of your abdominis.
- It is the best exercise for all core muscles that build your mobility, stability, balance, endurance, and overall posture.
- It is easy to sit up with your own body weight. That means you can do them anywhere and anytime you want.
How to do Reverse Crunch?
- Lie down back on a mat with bent knees at 90 degrees and plant your feet at hip-width.
- Put your arms side of your body with palms down. Exhale and brace your core.
- Lift both feet off the ground together, knees should bend and make shins parallel to the ground.
- Now tuck your knees forward your face in a controlled motion and at the same momentum extend the shins toward the ceiling by hips and lower back off the ground.
- Hold for a beat and slowly lower the legs and bending your knees.
- Tuck it towards the face in a reverse motion and then make it 90 degrees, parallel to the ground.
- At here repeat it as you did the first reps.
When you bend your knees after reverse motion, straight the legs and drop them for better performance. Engage your core when you perform the reverse crunch. Do maximum reps you can do with 3 sets. After sets take 40 seconds of rest.
Reverse Crunch Variations.
Some other variation of crunches that kill your core muscles and best for the abs developing workout are written below, helps you a lot to develop your obliques and abdominis.
Lie back on the mat by face toward the ceiling, place your hands on the back of your head and bend both knees. Bring both knees towards your chest and parallel to the ground. Keep your elbows wider and curl your head up, engage your core and bring your left elbow towards the right knee by extending the left leg and right arm back. Then bring your right elbow towards the left knee by extending the right leg and left arm back, in the same momentum. Do until your 24 reps are completed with 3 sets.
Reverse Medicine Ball Crunch
Place a medicine ball between your knees and squeeze it. The weight enhances the muscle-building benefits of the reverse crunch and will also help ensure you are performing in a controlled motion.
Stability Ball Crunch
Lie down on a stability ball under your upper-back and feet planted on the floor. Put your hands back to your head and crunch your trunk upward as you would during traditional crunch. Hold a beat at the top of the movement and come back to the starting position.
Seated Reverse Crunch
Sit on a bench and lean back until your torso is at around a 45° angle. Hold your feet out in front of you and grip the bench with your hands for extra support. Draw your knees up to your chest, then slowly lower them. This variation increases the challenge to your lower abs while enlisting other core muscles to help you maintain your balance.
Video Guide for Reverse Crunch!
What is Pull-up? Pull-up is one of the best bodyweight exercise that train your upper body muscles, especially focusing on your back, arm, and shoulder muscles. I think there is no need to explain the…
Calisthenics is a type of workout where you use your body weight rather than other additional weight. In simple words, we can say that “any exercise that can be done by your own bodyweight”…
Main Goal: – Loss Fat and make a shredded body. Duration: – 2 Months. Level: – Intermediate or Advanced. Download the free 2 months of workout routine to Fat Loss: There is not any s…
Type:- Muscle Gain Period:- 8 Weeks Level:- Intermediate or advanced Table-1 Download the free 2 months of workout routine to build muscle: Gaining muscle is not an easy process, it takes effort and t…
Level: Difficult.Muscles Worked: Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Thighs, Hips.Equipment: No needed. What is Frog Jump Exercise? Frog Jump is an extremely powerful cardio exercise that works from head to t…