You should be using lighter weights for the preacher curl because the bench forces you into an unstable position. Preacher curl impacts your front-arm muscles, which help you build some serious size on your biceps.
This curl is not a lot different from the normal bicep curls, except that they focus on a specific style of curls. Preacher curls can be done on both the free weight rack and the weight stack.
How to do Preacher Curl?
- Hold the dumbbell on the bench with zero space between your underarm area and the top bench.
- Bend your elbows and curl the dumbbell toward your shoulder, without moving your upper arms.
- Pause, squeezing your bicep at the top.
- Slowly reverse the movement to return to start.
- You can do 3 sets of 12 reps.
Preacher Curl Tip!
Preacher curls are a great way to keep you in a good form but are bound by the equipment needed to perform this exercise. Bicep curls can work just as well but it is necessary to keep a good form and avoid cheating while performing them.