An Overhead Cable Extension is the perfect exercise for long head muscle and working through its full range of motion. The denser your long head muscle is, the overall larger the triceps appear. It is the best workout to build the muscles of the triceps.
How to do Overhead Cable Extension?
- Turn back in the front of the cable machine and bend slightly your torso forward, keeping your neck straight. Drop one leg back behind another one and create a stable position.
- Grab the cable in both hands, above your head, with your elbows tucked in next to your ears.
- Pull the cable with full extension in front of your head. Keep your elbows tight.
- Allow the cable to retract with control, pulling your arms back to the side of your head. Let your elbows go as far back as your body will allow, so the long head gets a full extension. By doing this, you’ll achieve a full contraction in that long head.
- Sets: 3.
- Reps: 12-10
- Rest: 60 seconds.
Overhead Cable Extension Tips!
- If you want to keep more tension in the triceps, don’t lock the elbows out entirely.
- Don’t allow the rope to pull you back or cause you to overarch throughout your lumbar spine.
- You may need to tuck the chin slightly to allow the rope to travel overhead and not graze the back of your head.
- Ensure the shoulder blades don’t tilt forward as you extend the elbows.