Diet plays a very tricky game between muscle gain or weight gain when you are looking for bulking.
Muscle building is very hard as compared to weight gain. In muscle building, you need proper sleep, intaking high number of calories or macros, and doing a proper workout.
In fact, consuming more calories does not mean increasing your more muscles. You need to eat a limited surplus of calories against your burn. When you eat more calories than you burn, your body starts storing it as fat and leads the way called gaining weight.
In this article, we will share the complete the view of following things that really help to muscle growth: –
- How many calories to eat in a day.
- How to design a meal plan that you can follow.
You need to be tricker about the consumption of calories with macros. Our macros are divided into three categories: Protein, Carbs, and Fat.
Protein: Muscle and hormones are made up of protein. Each gram of protein carries 4 calories. To bulk, you should aim to consume 2g of protein per kg of bodyweight per day.
Carbs: It is the fuel that provides energy to an individual during the movements. Each gram of carbs contains 4 calories. On bulking, you can or should enjoy plenty of carbs.
However, post-training simple carbohydrates are useful. It quickly spikes insulin level that increases protein synthesis and decreases muscle breakdown.
Fat: Time to expose the fat myth! Fat is energy-dense and should be a firm part of your diet. It carries 9 calories per gram, allowing to increase caloric with little increase in food volume. To bulking, consume a lower amount of healthy fat.
Calculate fat use this: (Calories intake X 0.24)/9. This amount of healthy fat must be had on your diet per day.
Can without tracking meal make you bulky? Probably. But most serious competitor knows what amount of calories and macros they are putting inside their body.
You have to eat enough calories to build new muscle. If you don’t reach your bodybuilding diet’s daily calorie target, your body converts existing muscle and fat into energy. That means you lose the muscle you gained.
That’s the annoying part of building muscle: dieting consistency.
Use below calorie calculator to work out what your daily calorie should be – to build your muscle. This will vary based on your height, weight, age, and activity status.
Don’t forget to choose the goal “Weight Gain.”
Aim to consume 5 to 6 meals a day that pack in plenty of protein and calories. The below we provided you with a number of options that can implement on your day-wise routine to fulfill your surplus of calories.
Breakfast options – select one from the following list each day
- 6 egg omelette and 3 bananas (approx. 558 kcal)
- 200g cottage cheese and 1 cup broccoli (approx. 241 kcal)
- 200g scrambled eggs with mushrooms and oatmeal (approx. 400 kcal)
- 3 protein pancakes and 100g roasted potatoes (approx. 423 kcal)
Snack option – select one from the following list each day
- 1 Scoop of whey protein and 100g raspberries (approx. 173 kcal)
- 2 slices of brown bread with peanut butter (approx. 338 kcal)
- 250 ml banana shake with 20 almonds (approx. 210 kcal)
- 2 white egg (approx. 128 kcal
Lunch option – select one from the following list each day
- 200g Chicken breast with brown rice (approx. 700 kcal)
- 2 cups of brown rice with soybean and salsa (approx. 630 kcal)
- 200g Turkey breast, 1 cup basmati rice, and 100g mushroom (approx. 550 kcal)
- Grilled fish with a spinach salad and broccoli (approx. 230 kcal)
2 slices of brown bread with peanut butter (approx. 338 kcal)
2 scoops of whey protein and 100g tofu (approx. 316 kcal)
Dinner option – select one from the following list each day
- 4 chappati with green peas, 10 almonds, and 250ml milk (approx. 560 kcal)
- 200g chicken breast with 1 cup of brown rice and mixed vegetables (approx. 550 kcal)
- 200g broiled fish with brown rice, broccoli, and 3 eggs (approx. 663 kcal)
- 100g chicken with rice, mixed salad, and 5 egg white (approx. 620 kcal)
From the above option, you can easily make a meal that suits you on the basis of your weight. If you want to increase or decrease the volume of calories, you can change the quantity of food you eat. Below is the sample meal of 2400 kcal that can really help you.
Total Calories: 2400
One of the best things about bulking is that you can be flexible with your foods. Just make sure you fit in plenty of protein and keep the fatty junk food down.
Muscle Growth Strategy
The strategy you read is a kind of idea that can maintain and assist to build muscle in a better way. The master plan of muscle growth, really helpful when you are serious about your workout!
1. Consciousness about your diet:- Consuming food and beverage is a very important role to see as muscle growth. You need to focus on “how much macros contain in your meal” with limited calories.
2. Drink a lot of Water:- Drinking lots of water doesn’t tend to build more muscle. But if you are dehydrated, your body going to have a tough time both generating new muscle and burning your store fat. Dehydration also leads to a lack of motivation or poor focus. So, as a gym-goer, you need to hydrate your body as much as possible. Drink 2 to 3 liters of water a day.
3. Sleep 8 hours:- Every gym person needs to sleep at least 7 to 8 hours. 8 hours of rest is very essential to the muscle recovery process. Without enough sleep, your muscles can go into a state of catabolism as a result of the stress hormone, cortisol. So, in a simple word proper rest helps you to repair and build a new muscle.
4. Good Supplement:- Supplements play a vital role in growing your muscle. There are lots of supplements on the market that wow you to build muscle easily. The most used supplement for gaining mass is the mass gainer. But if you follow my guidelines, I am totally against purchasing and using the mass gainer, because the whey protein also does a very good job.
So, you can buy a good Protein, Creatine, Fish Oil, BCAA, for building mass and strength. I know it takes time, but it makes something that you deserve. Mass gainer has many side effects rather than pros. So, firstly research on which supplement is best or which is not for muscle growth. Then you can go for it.
5. Decide your target number of repetitions: – Very few individuals know the technique of the repetition continuum. The repetition continuum states that ”the individual do repetitions between 1-5 with weight tend to build strength.” And the repetition between 6-12 tends to build muscle growth or the last one “the repetitions between 12-20 tend to build muscle endurance.”