This exercise is also known as Skullcrushers and is a formidable drill. The lying triceps extension exercise is perfect for building your triceps at an advanced level. It has so many ways to perform it, but your elbow extension remains constant. This exercise is not for beginners. This exercise can be completed with a barbell or dumbbell. Adding weight is useful for building mass or increasing the number of calories burned.
Lying triceps extensions are one of the most stimulating exercises to the entire triceps muscle group in the upper arm. It works the triceps from the elbow all the way to the latissimus dorsi.
How to do Lying Triceps Extension?
- Grab an underhand grip on the EZ bar and extend your arms straight up.
- Keeping your elbows tucked in and your arms perpendicular to the floor, slowly lower the bar until it is about an inch from your forehead.
- Slowly extend your arms back to starting position, without locking your elbows.
- Sets: 3.
- Reps: 12-8.
- Rest: 60 seconds.
Skull crushers Tips!
- It’s very important that you keep your elbows in during the set. Your elbows will have a tendency to flare out as you move the weight, and you must keep them pointing forward.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight.
- And finally, don’t lock your elbows out at the top of the movement. This will take the tension off the triceps.
Muscles Worked: Triceps, ChestLevel: Intermediate. Diamond Push-up or Triangle push-up is an advanced variation of the classic push-up that targets your triceps muscles and also a little bit of your u…
The bigger and stronger arms show, how much sweat off you in the gym. Every gym person keen to have a big arm with a perfect shape of triceps, biceps, forearms, and shoulders. For the arm mass, you ha…
The lateral head of your tricep is the outermost tricep muscle and the most visible from the side. Well when you developed, it helps to give your upper arm that horseshoe shape, which is so appealing.…
Overhead triceps extension exercise is best for your long head muscle of your triceps. It helps to develop your triceps muscle, growth, and size. This is the best triceps workout with dumbbells. How t…
This move of triceps exercise is completely focused on your lateral head and long head muscle, but only if you do it perfectly. For this exercise not use too much weight, by involving weight your back…