The lateral head of your tricep is the outermost tricep muscle and the most visible from the side. Well when you developed, it helps to give your upper arm that horseshoe shape, which is so appealing.
So, while all three triceps heads are important for arm size and strength, emphasizing the lateral head tricep will give your arms an even more elegant shape. But, it really worth spending some extra time on this part of your arms
The Best Lateral Head Triceps Workout!
All the triceps exercises involve your lateral head, but here we show you some extraordinary better than others to emphasizing the muscle. Here are the eight of the best lateral head triceps workout:-
The diamond push-up is a pretty advanced level of lateral head triceps and it is a great example to build the lateral head muscles. While all kinds of push-ups work the chest, shoulders, and triceps, but moving your hands closer than in a classic push-up puts focus firmly on your triceps!
How to do Diamond Pushup?
- Put the hands together under your chest on the mat. Form a diamond shape of your hand.
- Extend the arms so that your body is elevated and forms a straight line from head to your feet.
- Lower your chest towards your hands as like regular push-ups.
- Ensuring that your elbows don’t flare out to the sides and keeping your back flat.
- Stop just before your chest touches the floor, then push back up to the starting position and repeat.
- Sets: 3
- Reps: 10-12
- Rest: 60s on each set
Bench dips mainly target the lateral head of your triceps, it also hits your chest, and anterior deltoid, or the front of your shoulder. It only requires an elevated surface – like bench, step, or stair – and is applicable to all fitness levels. By more effective, you can raise your legs by the support of putting a box or other bench with the weight on your upper thighs.
How to do Bench dips?
- Place your hands on a bench or box behind you with your feet together on a slightly lower bench or box with knees bent. Lower slowly as far as you can, then press back up powerfully.
- Place your hands slightly wide through hip-width on a bench behind you.
- Slightly bend your knees and place your feet together on another lower or same height of the bench.
- Lower slowly the upper body as far as you can, then press back up powerfully.
- Sets: 3.
- Reps: 12-14.
- Rest: 60s each set.
Dumbbell Crush press
This Dumbbell chest exercise not only for chest muscle but also a superb exercise for lateral triceps muscles. This workout is also known as Dumbbell Squeeze Press.
How to do Dumbbell Crush press?
- Lie on the flat bench with dumbbell in each hand. Hold the dumbbells out at arms length, parallel to the chest.
- Bend your arms and lower the weights towards your chest and tucked your elbows into the sides.
- When the dumbbell touch your chest, come back to the starting position and hold for a beat.
- Sets: 3 + failure.
- Reps: 12.
- Rest: 60s on each set.
By doing perfect or correct exercise, Kickbacks triceps workout is a very effective and faster building exercise of your lateral head triceps. When you kick the dumbbell back with full force, it generates great pressure on your triceps that you feel by doing exercise.
How to do Triceps Kickbacks?
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing in toward each other, keep your knees bent slightly.
- Engage your core and maintain a straight spine as you hinge forward at the waist, bringing your torso almost parallel to the floor.
- Above the elbow arm portion, fix and close it your body and your head in line with your spine.
- On a exhale, engage your triceps by straightening your elbows.
- Only moving your forearms during the movement. Pause here, then inhale to return the weights to the starting position.
- Sets: 3
- Reps: 12-14
- Rest: 50s on each set
This move of triceps exercise is completely focused on your lateral head and long head muscle, but only if you do it perfectly. For this exercise not use too much weight, by involving weight your back and shoulder muscles, defeating the purpose. So, lighten the load, heavier the pressure you feel on your triceps.
How to do Cable Rope Triceps Pushdown?
- Attach a rope handle to the high pulley of a cable station.
- Grab the bar with an overhand grip and slightly bends your arms.
- Tuck your upper arms next to your sides.
- Push the bar down with your elbows locked and do not move your upper arms.
- Slowly return the starting position and repeat it.
- Sets: 3-4.
- Reps: 12-8.
- Rest: 40 seconds.
Close-grip bench press
This close-grip bench press variation has lifted up with your hands set shoulder-width apart. This close placement of your hands makes your triceps work harder, which can lead to new muscles and more strength. It is the best exercise for your triceps and lower arm muscles.
How to do Close-Grip Bench Press?
- Grab a barbell with an overhand grip, that’s shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the bar above your Sternum, keeping your arms completely straight and your elbows tucked at 45-degree angles on either side.
- Maintain good bench posture-engage your core and glutes, keep your feet flat on the floor, and drive into the bench.
- Lower the bar straight down until it lightly touches your body, Pause, and then press the bar back up to the starting position.
- For the last set, reduce the weight and then increase the number of reps, pushing yourself to failure.
- Sets: 3-4 sets.
- Reps: 12-8 reps.
- Rest: 60 seconds rest after each set.
EZ Bar skull-crushers
This exercise is also known as Lying Tricep Extension and is a formidable drill. The lying triceps extension exercise is perfect for building your lateral head triceps at an advanced level. It has so many ways to perform it, but your elbow extension remains constant. This exercise is not for beginners.
How to do Skull-Crushers?
- Grab an underhand grip on the EZ bar and extend your arms straight up.
- Keeping your elbows tucked in and your arms perpendicular to the floor, slowly lower the bar until it is about an inch from your forehead.
- Slowly extend your arms back to starting position, without locking your elbows.
- Sets: 3.
- Reps: 12-8.
- Rest: 60 seconds.
Medicine Ball Overhead Throw
This is a fun and best way to end any triceps workout. Most of the triceps exercises want to be done slowly and with control for effectiveness. But, with the move, you need to work explosively, which provides a welcome change of pace. Grab a 7-12 lbs. medicine ball and crank out the reps until you get a great pump!
How to do Medicine Ball Overhead Throw?
- Stand a few feet away from a strong wall. Hold a medicine ball in your hands and adopt a staggered stance for balance.
- Raise the ball and hold it behind your head, place your biceps close to your ears.
- Extend your arms and hurl the ball at the wall in front of you. Use all your strength! Catch it as it rebounds and repeat.
- Sets: 3.
- Reps: 10-failure.
Anatomy of Triceps-
The maximum percentage of your triceps is located on the back of your biceps muscles. Their full name is triceps brachii, which means three-headed arm muscle. All three different origins of the triceps and one insertion point make a horseshoe shape of this muscle. By doing a common triceps workout all three heads work, but it can be possible to emphasize only one head muscle of the triceps at a time by choosing a specific exercise.
The three heads of triceps muscles:-
- Long head – the inside of the upper arm
- Medial head – between the long and medial heads
- Lateral head – the outside of the upper arm
What is the best workout for triceps?
Close-Grip Bench Press, Diamond Pushups, Cable Rope Triceps Extension, triceps dips, and Skullcrushes are the best workout of the triceps muscle. These exercises build your full range of three triceps muscles. This exercise target all the three muscle at once or that shifts the focus to just one at a time.
How do I build triceps fast?
The fastest way to build your triceps is by incorporating exercises that target all three muscle heads. You’ll need to perform the exercise regularly while gradually increasing the weight as you become stronger. By increasing load helps you build triceps muscle fast. Just remember, it won’t happen overnight but combined with the right diet and consistency, you got results in few months.
What triceps exercise hits all three heads?
Diamond pushups are a great way to hit all 3 heads simultaneously, as are close-grip bench presses, kickbacks, and tricep pushdowns also hit three heads muscles.
Muscles Worked: Triceps, ChestLevel: Intermediate. Diamond Push-up or Triangle push-up is an advanced variation of the classic push-up that targets your triceps muscles and also a little bit of your u…
The bigger and stronger arms show, how much sweat off you in the gym. Every gym person keen to have a big arm with a perfect shape of triceps, biceps, forearms, and shoulders. For the arm mass, you ha…
The lateral head of your tricep is the outermost tricep muscle and the most visible from the side. Well when you developed, it helps to give your upper arm that horseshoe shape, which is so appealing.…
Overhead triceps extension exercise is best for your long head muscle of your triceps. It helps to develop your triceps muscle, growth, and size. This is the best triceps workout with dumbbells. How t…
This move of triceps exercise is completely focused on your lateral head and long head muscle, but only if you do it perfectly. For this exercise not use too much weight, by involving weight your back…
This exercise is also known as Skullcrushers and is a formidable drill. The lying triceps extension exercise is perfect for building your triceps at an advanced level. It has so many ways to perform i…
An Overhead Cable Extension is the perfect exercise for long head muscle and working through its full range of motion. The denser your long head muscle is, the overall larger the triceps appear. It is…
It is a very effective exercise for your triceps because you’re lifting your body weight, your tricep has to work against a heavy load that makes muscle strength and builds a pump. And it is avo…
This close-grip bench press variation has lifted up with your hands set shoulder-width apart. This close placement of your hands makes your triceps work harder, which can lead to new muscles and more …
Muscle Target: Medial, Lateral, and Long head triceps Level: Advanced Duration: 40 minutes Goal: Build tricep shape and size There is no doubt triceps show your arms very attractive and shape fully. I…