|Muscle Worked:||Hips, Glutes, Thighs, Lower back and lower abs.|
|Main Goal:||Strengthens your lower body.|
Jumping squats are a powerful, plyometric exercise that strengthens your entire lower body and increases your heart rate for a significant calorie burn. Squat Jumps target quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and calves.
How to perform squat jump?
- Stand on your feet hip-width apart by putting your hands at chest level.
- Bend your knees to lower onto the squat and brace your core muscle for a better experience.
- When hips and knees make a straight line or thighs are parallel to the floor. Push your body up forcefully and jump in the air.
- In the air, swing your arms back and extend the hips forward and engage quickly.
- Land gently back in a squat by bending your knees and repeat it until your 12 reps are completed with 3 sets.
Benefits of Jumping Squats.
- Jump squats increase your explosive power, improve your upper and lower body strength.
- Jump squats are the best exercise to burn calories faster than regular squats.
- This exercise gives you the ability, flexibility, strength, endurance, and improves the overall leg power that will help you to take off faster and quicker.
- You can also choose it as a warm-up exercise, it includes lots of muscle that hit on legs day.
Alternative of Jump squats
You can alter jump squats to double-pulse squats for pointing more tension and improving your muscle fibers. It focuses on your form to ensure your recruiting your glutes correctly.
- Stand with feet on the floor shoulder-width apart, here are you from starting.
- Inhale. By gazing forward, bend your both hips and knees.
- Bend it until your thighs are parallel with the floor, by ensuring your back does not come with a lumbar curve. This position we can call is a full squat position.
- Push through your heels and extend your upper body with hips up slightly, then return your body by bending your knees to the full squat position.
- Exhale. Push through your heels and extend your legs to a standing position where you start.
- Repeat the reps until 12 is completed.
Types of Jump Squats.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart by supporting your back against a wall, step your feet out about you can easily make a squat by touching your back with wall.
- Bend your knees, dropping into a squat while keeping your back pinned to the wall throughout the movement.
- Stop when your thighs are parallel to the ground. Push up through your heels back to repeat.
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, toes slightly out, arms bent, and fingers interlaced behind your head. Then by bending your knees, proceed with a basic squat
Start by putting your feet together and your arms are in front of you.
Lift your left leg up off of the ground in the front of you and squat down through your right leg as can you do, stop when your right thigh is parallel to the ground. Stand up, then switch legs.
Stand with your feet by planting it wider than your shoulder-width apart and toes are pointed out.
Bend your knees, dropping until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Keep your chest up throughout the movement. Then push up to starting position by pushing the force through your heels.