|Muscles Worked:||Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes, Calves|
|Main Goal:||Build Strong Legs|
Legs workout is very important to add to your weekly workout session if you are a person who skips its maximum time: do the legs workout and watch the amazing overall body result. Strong legs give a strong look to your body which makes you perfect.
Legs workout also gives you powerful strength that makes your perfect walking posture and provides balance. Leg workout helps you a lot in daily activities like picking something from the ground. It is also very important for an athletic individual.
The squat is the best leg exercise for shaping your quads, hamstrings, and glutes. It develops your strength, balance, mobility, and power. When we performed it correctly, this exercise boosts your calorie on the body, helps prevent injuries, strengthens your core, and improves your balance and posture.
How to do Squats?
- Grasp the bar in a squat rack or cage and place it on your lower traps, squeeze your shoulder blades together, push your elbows up and nudge the bar out of the rack.
- Wider your feet at shoulder width and your toes turned slightly out.
- Take a deep breath and bend your hip back, then bend your knees to lower your body as far as you can without losing the arch in your lower back.
- Push your knees out as you descend. Drive vertically with your hips to come back up.
- Sets:- 4.
- Reps:- 16-8
Note:- The deeper your squat, the more your glutes will work.
Both Leg presses and squats primarily work your quadriceps or quads. They also work your Hamstrings (muscles opposite your quads at the back of your thighs) and glutes (the muscles in your buttocks). It is the best and effective workout for your legs.
How to do Leg Press?
- Sit on the machine comfortably with your hips beneath your knees and your knees in line with your feet. Be careful not to go too low or to risk your lower back coming off the seat (which can cause injury).
- Remove the safeties and lower your knees toward your chest until they’re bent 90 degrees and press back up.
- When you press it back, one thing minded that your legs are not fully straight to continuing another rep (slightly bend).
- Sets:- 3
- Reps:- 12-8.
Bodyweight or Weighted Calf Raise.
Standing Calf Raise (also known as heel raise) is a classic move, even bodyweight calf exercises are an effective way of strengthening your calves because the calf muscles take on so much of your bodyweight. Strong Calf muscles result in better stability and balance, decreased risk of ankle and knee injuries, and better agility when running and jumping. It is the best leg workout for athletes.
How to do Bodyweight Calf Raise?
- Stand with your toes on the block and hold onto something sturdy for support.
- Raise your heels to come upon the balls of your feet.
- Then lower your heels until you feel a stretch in your calves.
- Sets:- 3
- Reps:- 20-12
Walking lunges develop the strengthening of leg muscles as well as the core, hips, and glutes. You can also make walking lunges more challenging by adding weights or doing a walking lunge with a torso twist.
How to do Walking Lunge?
- Hold the dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet hip-width.
- Step forward with one leg and lower your body until your rear knee nearly touches the floor and your front leg is perpendicular to the floor.
- Step forward with your rear leg to perform the next rep.
- Sets:- 3
- Reps:- 14-8 / each leg.
Barbell Hip Thrust.
The hip thrust is a perfect choice as it strengthens the muscles in the hip, buttocks, and quadriceps. It helps stabilize the pelvis, lower back, and knees, making it ideal for targeting low bone density in the hips and femur bones, aligning the knee joints, and promoting strong glutes and better balance.
How to do Barbell Hip Thrust?
- Rest your upper back on the bench, plant your feet shoulder-width, and shins are perpendicular to the floor by bending your legs (same as Image-5).
- Roll a loaded barbell up to your thighs until the bar sits on your lap (you may want to place a towel or mat on your hips or attach a pad to the bar for comfort).
- Brace your abs and drive your heels into the floor to extend your hips, raising them until your thighs and upper body are parallel to the floor.
- Pause a beat, then slowly lower it back and repeat.
- Sets:- 3
- Reps:- 12
The leg curl is a basic isolation exercise that targets two primary muscle groups: the calf muscles and the hamstrings. It is the best workout in the gym for the legs.
How to do Leg Curls?
- Start by lying flat on your stomach. Adjust the roller pad so that it rests comfortably a few inches under your calves, just above the heels.
- Stretch your legs out fully. On an inhale, lightly grasp the support handles on each side of the machine.
- Lift your feet smoothly as you exhale, keeping your hips firmly on the bench.
- Inhale as you flex your knees and pull your ankles as close to your buttocks as you can.
- Hold this position for a beat, allowing yourself to make sure you are focused as you prepare to lower your legs.
- Inhale fully as you return your feet to starting position in a smooth, slow, controlled movement.
- Sets:- 3
- Reps:- 12