If you really want to increase the size of your bicep bulge, then Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curl is the best bicep exercise to increase the size. Setting the beach to incline puts more pressure on the long head of your biceps brachii because you’re now working from a deficit. The incline dumbbell curl elongates the negative portion of the dumbbell curl, creating a deeper stretch on the biceps muscle tissue.
How to do Incline Dumbbell Curl?
- Lie back on the incline bench with dumbbells on each hand.
- Let your arms hang so they are fully extended.
- Keeping your elbow and shoulder stationary, slowly lift one dumbbell towards the shoulder.
- Hold for a second at the top, then reverse the movement to return to start.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- You can do 4 sets of 8-12 reps.
Related: Top 6 Best Biceps Workout!
Incline Dumbbell Curl Tips!
- Don’t allow the elbows to shift behind the body. Similarly, make sure the shoulder doesn’t shift forward in the socket as you lower the weight.
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement in order to keep tension through the biceps.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind-muscle connection.