|Muscle Worked:||Lower Abs, Upper Abs, Glutes.|
|Main Goal:||Build Abs and reduce belly fat.|
Mountain climber is also known as Running Planks because you performed in a high plank position, you want to bring one by one knee to your chest alternate, then back out again in a rapid motion like you are running against on the floor.
Mountain climber is a beginner level of abs exercise that affects almost the entire body and raises your heart rate. It is the best and most effective exercise to do at home without any equipment to build your abs and obliques greater way.
Mountain climbers work several different muscles including the shoulders, hamstrings, core, triceps, and quads. It is also the best workout to develop your overall fitness by makings you shapely and slim.
How to do Mountain Climber Exercise?
- Start in a high plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders and your legs are straight on your toes.
- Push the right knee towards the chest as far as possible by leaving one straight.
- Switch legs, pulling the right knee out and bringing the left in.
- Keep your hips down, and run your knees in and out as far and as fast as you can. Alternate inhaling and exhaling with each leg change.
Benefits of Mountain Climbers Exercise.
- Mountain climbers are the best exercise for your cardio endurance that makes your heart pumps at a high rate and decreases so many diseases.
- The best thing about this exercise is not building your abs only. It also builds your overall core strength and agility.
- Actually, it does not builds your core and is also best for overall body workout.
- It is also the best exercise to add to your workout for heart health benefits and burn calories.
Mountain Climber Variations
Elevated Mountain Climber Exercise
Take a pushup position with your arms straight on the floor and feet elevated on the bench. Bring the right knee as close to your chest as you can. Don’t allow a lumbar curve. Return the foot and repeat with another leg. Continue alternating sides as fast as you can.
Gym Ball Mountain Climber Exercise
Place your hand on the stability ball shoulder-width apart. Make a pushup position by extending your legs on your toes. Now bring one by one knee to your chest by engaging your abs, continue alternating as fast as you can.
Cross-Body Mountain Climber Exercise
Take a high plank position and brace your core. Bring left knee towards right elbow as far you possible in a fast moment. Don’t bend your back, then straighten it and repeat the right knee towards the left elbow. Continue alternating sides as fast as you can.
Spider-man Mountain Climber Exercise
In a high plank position, bring your knee toward the chest and step one foot up and plant outside your hand into a nice low spiderman or runner’s lunge. Try not to let your butt go way up in the air as you step your foot outside.
Wall Mountain Climber Exercise
Plant your feet together on the wall, off the ground with the supports of your arms and shoulder. Slowly bring one knee forwards to your chest, then replace it on the wall and bring the other one forward. Here your pace will be slow, but the reward will come in the form of greater upper-body strength.