Dead Bug exercise is the best move to build your core muscles especially abdominal muscles and glutes. This exercise is very effective to reduce fat from your waist and enhances the perfect posture of your body.
This is a simple core exercise by lying on a mat on your back and perform it without using any equipment, easily doing core exercise at home.
The Dead bug exercise can help you to strengthen and stabilize your core, spine, and back muscles. It prevents and relieves back pain.
Dead Bug exercise benefits to improve your posture, balance, and coordination.
By doing this core exercise you may find you got more strength and stability to do better daily and athletic activities.
How to Perform Dead Bug?
- Lie back on a mat with extended arms straight pointed toward the sky. Raise your legs by bent hips and knees 90-degrees, feet off from the ground. This is your starting position.
- By Inhaling, slowly reach your left arm backward, over your head along the left side of the ear, and simultaneously extend your right leg straight, make a straight line from hip to heel. Keep right arm and left leg where they are.
- When your both left hand and right heel touch the ground, return it back to its starting position. Move slowly with exhaling.
- Do the same to the opposite sides, this time keeping your left arm and right leg steady as you straighten your right arm back and left leg forward from you.
- Repeat on the other side and then another until your desired reps are not completed.
- Inhale when you dropping your leg and arm toward the ground and exhale when you put it back in its original position.
- You want to make sure your spine maintains this steady and neutral position throughout the exercise.
- Do the exercise, while engaging your core muscles.
- Do the exercise slowly, lower the arm and leg at the same momentum.
Sets: Do 3 sets of 12 reps on each side.
Dead Bug with Resistance Band
Take a two-band and wrap it some fixed object in the front of your feet, then wrap both bands around each foot. Perform a Dead Bug.
Dead Bug Heel Tap
Make a dead bug starting position. Now keep your one leg in the same position and lower another one with a bent knee to tap the floor with your heel. Repeat on the remaining side by another one back on starting position. Hands remain constant straight, pointed to the ceiling.
Medicine Ball Dead Bug
Hold a Medicine Ball between your hands and knees. The ball touches your chest, forearms, or thighs. Now do the same as an original dead bug, we do by holding with an alternative knee and hand.
More Core Workout
“Select 3 or 4 ab exercises and do 3 sets of 20-12 reps of every exercise on ab day or cardio …