The concentration curl targets the biceps and helps to develop muscle strength and power. This exercise sculpts the front portion of the upper arm and improves body aesthetics and function. Some promote the concentration curl claiming it to be an exercise guaranteed to produce a bicep pump and build the mind-muscle connection. Yes, concentration curl is great for building the biceps and since it is a unilateral exercise, it helps work each bicep equally.
Benefits of the Concentration Curl
- The ability to focus more intently on your biceps.
- More calories are burned as you’re working one side of your body at a time, which effectively doubles the number of sets you’re doing.
- By focusing on one arm at a time, your weaker side will get stronger.
How to Do the Concentration Curl
- Sit on a bench by spreading your legs to allow your arm to hang in the middle, with your elbow resting on the thigh.
- With the dumbbell on hand, curl the weight up with a controlled tempo.
- Pause, compress your bicep at the top.
- Slowly reverse the movement to curl it again.
- After 12-14 reps, repeat from the opposite side as same you do.
- You can do 3 sets with 12 reps.
Concentration Curl Tips!
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement in order to keep tension through the biceps.
- Using a slow-motion in lowering portion of the exercise that focus more tension on biceps.