This move of triceps exercise is completely focused on your lateral head and long head muscle, but only if you do it perfectly. For this exercise not use too much weight, by involving weight on your back and shoulder muscles, defeating the purpose. So, lighten the load, heavier the pressure you feel on your triceps.
How to do Cable Rope Triceps Pushdown?
- Attach a rope handle to the high pulley of a cable station.
- Grab the bar with an overhand grip and slightly bends your arms.
- Tuck your upper arms next to your sides.
- Push the bar down with your elbows locked and do not move your upper arms.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat it.
- Sets: 3-4.
- Reps: 12-8.
- Rest: 40 seconds.
Cable Rope Triceps Pushdown Tips!
The elbows must be in the correct position throughout the whole movement. The moment that the elbows lose control and move out of position, the tension will be shifted from the triceps and towards the chest and shoulders.
Raise the rope close to the range of elbows and then go down. Lift up slowly for more effective pressure felt on the triceps.