Muscle Targets: Quadriceps, Glutes, Hamstrings, Calves, Core.
Equipment: Box or sturdy bench.
Box jumps are an excellent way to develop your lower body that gives you more power to jump, legs strength, and generally improves athletic performance.
This exercise is a plyometric move that builds your main lower-body muscles including – glutes, quads, calves, and hamstrings.
By doing box jumps, you achieve the benefits of a lot like increasing your pace, stamina, develop vertical jump in height, and burn calories to lose fat from your overall body.
Benefits of Box Jumps
- The box jumps are the perfect movement to targets the muscle groups of the lower body including glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, and calves.
- To work all the leg muscles improves more power and strength on legs.
- It is also the best jump to hit your core muscles and enhance posture.
- One of the great CrossFit exercises for athletes activity like basketball, football, and volleyball. It can improve athletic performance with the proper application of box jumps to a workout routine.
- Box jumps require a lot of energy it means, it is the best move to burn calories and reduce fat.
How to do Box Jumps?
- Stand at your feet with shoulder-width apart in the front of the box. Stand with one short step gap between you and the box (stand like you can easily jump on it).
- Lower the body by bending your knees and bringing your arms out behind you. Dropdown your upper body with your knees and bend it slightly, not make thighs parallel to the floor.
- Now generate pressure from your feet and jump up by extending shins and allowing your arms to swing out in front of you in the air.
- Land gently on the box with slightly bent knees.
- Go backward down and repeat.
Common mistake to avoid
- Not take a box too high, it causing injury. The perfect box to do box jumps is below the level of your knees. So, take a box that should be lower than your knees.
- While when you jump up, straight your legs in the air and swing your both hands forward. Then land gently on the box with bent knees.
- Make a soft landing on the whole foot, when you jump up on a box and landing on the floor backward.
- Don’t lower your body to fully squat, make a slightly squat with slightly knees out to key to a proper box jump landing.
- Don’t come with lumbar curves to avoid injury.
Variations of Box Jumps
Weighted Box Jump
Use a weighted vest if you have, while holding a lightweight kettlebell or dumbbell, then perform the exercise same as upper techniques. Don’t use heavyweight, do with lightweight.
One-leg Box Jump
Jump through the land with two legs and land on a box with one leg by another one-off on it. Land back with both feet. Repeat on the other leg.
Seated Box Jump
Position same as original position but add a bench in the back of you to sit. Make an arrangement like as you can easily jump and sit.
Take a position of legs shoulder-width apart. Sit on the bench and then push through heels to jump on the box. Come back and sit on the bench. Repeat.
Rotational Box Jump
Stand on the body side in the front of the box, now jump by bent knees and with heels. Turn your body on the box as you do the same as the original box jump.
Well done, now come back and turn your back to original position. Repeat.
Great! you completed the article with the meaningful exercise but do it properly to enhance a greatful strength and explosive power on legs. You need to do 3 sets of 12 to 8 reps. If you want to more advanced to go, then do 3 sets of failure.
5 Best Citrus Bergamot Supplements in 2023.
Citrus bergamot supplement is a dietary supplement that contains an extract from the bergamot citrus…
Best 5 Fucoxanthin Supplements for Weight Loss in 2023.
Fucoxanthin is a natural pigment found in brown seaweed and some species of phytoplankton and is a m…
Top 5 Best Pre-Workout Supplements for Fat Loss.
A pre-workout supplement can be a powerful ally on your fitness journey. By providing extra energy a…
5 Best PQQ Supplements – Ranked in 2023.
PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline quinone) is a vitamin-like compound that is found in small amounts in certain …
Top 5 Post Workout Supplements for Recovery – Best of 2023 Ranked
After an intense training session, your body will need protein, amino acids, carbohydrates, and othe…
5 Best Andrographis Supplement for 2023.
Andrographis is an herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is known for its bitter taste and is…
5 Best Thermogenic Fat Burner for Men in 2023.
The best thermogenic fat burner products work in a number of different ways depending on which ingre…
Top 3 Best Mini Handheld Massager for Arthritis – Ranked in 2023.
If you are looking for the best mini handheld vibrating massagers? You’re in the right place as we’v…
5 Best Horny Goat Weed Supplement – Ranked for 2023.
Horny goat weed contains phytoestrogens, which are plant-derived chemicals that can mimic the hormon…
Top 3 Best Hand Massagers for Arthritis – Ranked of 2023.
If you’re suffering from chronic hand pain, consider making massage a regular part of your sel…
Top 5 Intra Workout Supplements for the Gym – Best of 2023 Ranked.
A maximum number of athletes and bodybuilders are lacking to thought about consuming intra workout s…