|Muscles Worked:||Abs, Obliques, Glutes.|
|Level:||Beginner to Intermediate|
|Main Goal:||Reduce Belly Fat.|
Bicycle Crunches is a classic and effective core exercise. It builds strengthens your abs at the next level. It works both your lower and upper abs simultaneously. It also affects your obliques muscles.
If you want to reduce your belly fat and sides of your love handles then bicycle crunch is one of the core workouts that really help to remove the fat and build defined abs.
It requires no equipment, beginner’s level of exercise you can do anywhere but a little bit difficult to do when you doing continues reps.
That’s the power of bicycle crunches when you perform it continue, you feel the ignite or pain from your belly.
Bellow the process in which describe very meticulously, so read it and apply on yourself.
How to do Bicycle Crunches?
- Lie on the mat back, place your hands on the back of your head.
- Bring both of your knees toward your chest and your shins are parallel to the ground.
- Keep the elbow wider and slightly curl your head up.
- Now start the exercise by bringing your right elbow toward your left knee by extending your right leg back parallel to the ground and left arm back.
- Alternate, at the same momentum, bring your left elbow towards your right knee by extending the left leg back the same as the right one and right arm back.
- Repeat it continuously until failure or 15 reps on each side.
- Sets: 3-5 sets
- Reps: 15-20 reps on each side of limb or failure.
- Rest: 30-45 seconds of rest between the sets.
Tips for Crunches
- Engage your core while when you raise your upper body. If the movement comes from your head or neck, you’ll increase the risk for injury.
- Move-in a controlled and slow, that gives you great impact on your rectus abdominal muscles. Rapid movement won’t engage your right muscles.
Benefits of Bicycle Crunches
The bicycle crunch is excellent for activating your rectus abdominis from all angles.
By raising your legs, you also engage your transverse abdominis, which is a deep ab muscle and hard to target.
Without any equipment, you can tone your thighs, hamstrings, and quads muscles also. It also affects your obliques.
Purpose to do Bicycle Crunches
The main purpose to do bicycle crunches is for the “six-pack” that everyone loves to have. The Bicycle Crunches worked on muscles are the rectus abdominus, hips, and obliques. Keeping your leg off the ground targets your lower abs and head on the upper. The rotation activates your obliques and the pedaling of the leg in air stimulates the hips.
Substitute of Bicycle Crunches.
Below are some moves that are better than bicycle crunch to activate your rectus abdominals and obliques muscles at a peak level.
How to do:- Lie straight with your face opposite to the floor by making the position or forearm plank. Bend your elbow at shoulder level and arms straight forward and parallel to each other. Keep your body straight and your neck neutral by gazing at your hands below. Inhale and engage your core, push your hips up towards the ceiling by moving your head toward elbows. On the exhale, bring it back to starting position. Repeat it until 18 to 10 reps are completed with 3 sets.
How to do:- Begin in a forearm plank position. Engage your abs and keep your upper body stable as you twist to stack your left hip over the right hip in a control-able way. Pause, then return to the original position and now twist the alternating side with the same as you did. Repeat it until 14 reps are completed with 3 sets.
Twisting Mountain Climbers.
How to do:- Begin in a high plank position with straight arms and your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width. Bend your right knee and bring it forward the left elbow and then quickly back and do the same with your left leg. Continue alternating legs until 18 reps are completed with 3 sets.
How to do:- Lie on your side with your elbow bent and raise your hips off the floor. Hold the position until failure and then rest. Switch to your other side and hold the same as you did. Do 3 set total on each side.
Ab Wheel Rollouts.
How to do:- Grabs the abs wheel with the sides of both hands and make a position of knees pushup where your knees are resting on the ground. Now engage your abs and push the wheel slowly forward as far you can and as low to the ground. Keep your back straight and core tense. Then roll it back to the starting position. And repeat as a failure. Only toes and knees are allowed to touch the ground.