Andrographis is an herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is known for its bitter taste and is believed to support good overall digestive function. It is native to Southeast Asia and has been used for centuries to support the body’s natural defense against illness and promote overall wellness.
If you’re looking for the best andrographis supplements to buy this year, then you’ve come to the right place.
When looking for a supplement, it is important to ensure that the product is made from high-quality, pure Andrographis extract and that it is free of additives or fillers.
Additionally, it is important to consult with a healthcare practitioner before taking any supplement, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any pre-existing medical conditions.
Top 5 Andrographis Supplements
If you buy anything using the links below, we get a commission.
1. Double Wood Supplement Andrographis
Double Wood Supplement Andrographis is a natural and effective way to support the immune system, helping to fight off infections and illnesses. With its potent immune-boosting properties, it is an excellent supplement for anyone looking to maintain their overall health and well-being.
- container contains 60 capsules
- servings size of 2 capsules provides 900mg of Andrographis
- other ingredients include hypromellose and rice flour
- tested for purity and potency
- Vegan Safe
- Non-GMO, and Gluten Free
Double Wood Supplement Andrographis is easy to take and can be taken daily as a preventative measure or at the first signs of illness. It is available in capsules and is suitable for adults and children over the age of 12.
The supplement is made from high-quality andrographis extract, which is carefully sourced and processed to ensure maximum potency and effectiveness.
2. Nature’s Way Andrographis
Nature’s Way Andrographis extract is made from the leaves and stems of the Andrographis plant, which are carefully harvested and processed to ensure the highest quality and potency.
Each capsule of the supplement contains 300 mg of Andrographis extract, which is equivalent to 3,000 mg of the dried herb.
- 60 vegan capsules
- every serving size of the capsule provides 400mg of Andrographis supplement
- added no sugar, salt, yeast-derived ingredients, wheat, soy, dairy, or artificial colors
- tested in the USA.
Nature’s Way Andrographis is non-GMO and gluten-free and is manufactured in a facility that follows strict quality control standards. It is also clinically tested to ensure that it meets the highest standards of quality and purity.
3. NOW Supplements Andrographis Extract
NOW Supplements is a well-known brand that produces high-quality dietary supplements. One of their popular products is Andrographis Extract 400 mg, a standardized extract that comes in 90 veg capsules.
- container contains 90 veggie capsules
- the serving size of one veggie capsule provides 400mg of Andrographis extract
- other ingredients include cellulose, rice flour, stearic acid, and silica
- Quality GMP Assured
- Vegan/Vegetarian friendly
- Soy Free
NOW Supplements Andrographis Extract 400 mg contains a standardized extract of the plant, providing a minimum of 4% andrographolides, the active compound in Andrographis. The recommended dosage is one capsule twice daily, with meals.
4. Paradise Herbs Andrographis Supplement
Paradise Herbs Andrographis extract is a dietary supplement made using a 100% natural extraction method and is available in capsule form.
- bottle contains 60 vegetarian capsules.
- each capsule contains a 12:1 whole plant ratio of 400mg Andrographis extract
- also include additional herbal extracts such as Isatis tinctoria root and leaf extract, honeysuckle, and European Elderberry.
- The capsules are free from fillers, binders, common allergens, and artificial ingredients.
5. Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Andrographis
Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Andrographis supplement is a dietary supplement that contains a blend of Andrographis extract and grounded aerial parts.
- bottles containing 60 or 120 tablets
- provide 400mg of Andrographis per serving
- also contains 43mg of Calcium
- some who bitter in taste
- there is no valid information about FDA approved quality and trusted
What is Andrographis?
Andrographis is a plant that is native to Southeast Asia and is commonly used in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments, including fever, respiratory tract infections, and inflammation. The active compounds in andrographis are believed to be diterpenoids, particularly andrographolide, which is thought to have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and immune-boosting properties. Andrographis is also commonly used as an immune system support supplement.
What are the benefits of Andrographis supplements?
Some of the major health benefits of Andrographis include:
- Supporting the immune system
- Helping to alleviate symptoms of colds and flu
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Supporting healthy digestion
- Helping to reduce inflammation
- Supporting healthy liver function
Does Andrographis really work
There is some scientific evidence to support the use of Andrographis for certain health conditions. However, more research is needed to determine its effectiveness and safety.
Some studies have shown that Andrographis may be effective in reducing symptoms of the common cold and upper respiratory tract infections, as well as reducing fever. It may also have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Can I take Andrographis everyday
Andrographis is generally considered safe when used in recommended dosages for a short period of time. The maximum safe dose for adults is around 340 mg per day for up to 12 months.
How much Andrographis should I take
A typical daily dose of Andrographis can range from 0.5 grams to 6 grams, depending on the form it is taken in and the intended use. It’s always best to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the appropriate dosage for your individual needs.
Is Andrographis Safe
Andrographis is considered generally safe when taken as directed. However, it may cause side effects in some individuals, such as stomach upset, nausea, and diarrhea. It should not be taken by pregnant or breastfeeding women, or by people with liver or kidney disease. It may also interact with certain medications, so it is important to speak with a healthcare professional before taking it.